Thank you so much to everyone who generously sponsored me for having type one diabetes for 20 years. It means so much! We do the walk tomorrow and are looking forward to it. There is still time to sponsor me if you haven’t got round to it yet.
Right back to this week’s post. This recipe for sweet potato, you can read the results here. One of the things you told me is that you want quick recipes. So here we go – this is ready in 20 minutes flat! I flipping love these flavours and the colours aren’t bad too. The sweet potato is creamy and gently spiced with the nutmeg. The chilli, and lime however are a flavour explosion in your mouth. The brings it’s great aromatic taste while the chilli and lime are punchy and bold. The sweetness of the sweet potato works so well with these full on flavours. The cheese and avocado cool things a little and bring their lovely texture.and lime tacos is off the back of this year’s readers survey –
I’ve made these sweet potato,and lime tacos with feta and mascarpone and ricotta. They all work equally well. Feta and sweet potato are a match made in heaven to me. But the ricotta or mascarpone choice is a cooling winner too. The cottage cheese, I have to say I haven’t tried, but it will give the coolness of ricotta without the calories if that is important to you.
I came up with this recipe a few months ago when Dave was gripped by his veg patch. I loved his enthusiasm. Most nights once JP was asleep he would disappear off to his raised bed to tend and care for his little seedlings. The neat little rows of green produce gave him such pleasure. He would come back upstairs later with a lovely warm smile on his face.
JP loves being in the garden too so most weekends we are down there. He likes collecting snails in his bucket and then taking them to another part of the garden to give them a ‘holiday’. My attention span is a big short for the garden, so I tend to sit there and day dream about what we will eat for supper when we all good back upstairs. Then Baby G (our 6 month old, not my 90s (link) watch) and I potter to the shop to get any missing ingredients. That was the story behind this meal. After an afternoon in the garden we needed something quick and easy, but I wanted to feel like we had had a good nutritious meal too. I knew JP would love the tacos,with the sweet potato and cheese and we could have fruit for pudding. The sun was out, so I didn’t want to spend hours making something. These sweet potato,
Sweet potato, coriander and lime tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1200g sweet potato peeled and cut into 2.5cm/ 1” cubes
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 25g butter
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 50g coriander leaves, chopped
- zest and juice 2 lime
- 8 tacos
- 200g crumbled feta/ricotta/mascarpone/cottage cheese
- 2 avocado, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to the temperature suggested on the tacos packet.
- Boil the sweet potato until cooked, this will take around 10 minutes. When cooked, drain and mash, adding the butter and nutmeg and mixing well. Season and stir again
- Combine the chilli, coriander and lime zest and juice in a bowl.
- Warm the tacos in the oven following the instructions on the packet.
- To eat take one tacos, add sweet potato mash and then your chosen cheese. Add avocado and finish with the coriander salsa. Enjoy!