This, mushroom and tomato is a great supper, ideal when you need to eat in the next half an hour but want something fresh and easy. I serve it with pasta or sundried tomato and pumpkin seed polenta. I didn’t add parmesan but you absolutely could and also bacon if you need meat.Print
Italian aubergine, mushroom and tomato recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 tbsp oil olive
- 1 aubergine/eggplant
- 200 g / 7 oz mushrooms
- 4 large tomatoes
- 110 g / 4 oz green pesto or another type of pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Finely chop the onions and crush the garlic. Sweat the onions in the oil in a large frying pan with a lid, after a minute or two add the garlic and cook over a medium heat until cooked, around eight minutes.
- Cube the aubergine and roughly chop the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Add the aubergine to the onion and cook for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms, cook for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes. Put the lid back on and let it all cook down for five minutes.
- When everything is cooked stir in the pesto and then taste and season.
- Throw over the parsley just before serving.
- Carbohydrates: 3g