This is a great supper, ideal when you need to eat in the next half an hour but want something fresh and easy. I serve it with pasta or sundried tomato and pumpkin seed polenta. I didn’t add parmesan but you absolutely could and also bacon if you need meat.
2 red onions
3 cloves of garlic
5 tbsp oil olive
200 g / 7 oz mushrooms
4 large tomatoes
110 g / 4 oz green pesto or another type of pesto
Salt and pepper
Handful of chopped parsley
Total carbohydrate per portion – 3 g
1. Finely chop the onions and crush the garlic. Sweat the onions in the oil in a large frying pan with a lid, after a minute or two add the garlic and cook over a medium heat until cooked, around eight minutes.
2. Cube the and roughly chop the mushrooms and tomatoes.
3. Add the to the onion and cook for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms, cook for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes. Put the lid back on and let it all cook down for five minutes.
4. When everything is cooked stir in the pesto and then taste and season.
5. Throw over the parsley just before serving.