With it’s yellow, green and touches of red, this is a beautiful salad. It tastes as good as it looks. The creaminess of the mango and avocado contrast with the kick of the chilli and onion. I wait until just before serving to add in the avocado to prevent it from turning brown.
100 g / 3½ oz green salad leaves, gem or romaine lettuce or spinach
2 ripe mangos
1 large red medium chilli
1 red onion
Large bunch of
2 ripe avocados
3 tbsp honey
Juice of one lime
75 ml / 2½ fl oz oil
Salt and pepper
4 as part of a larger meal
Total carbohydrate per portion – 25 g
1. Tear up the salad leaves into a large bowl.
2. Chop up the mango into large cubes and add to the bowl.
3. Finely slice the onion, de seed the chilli and finely slice, add both to the bowl.
4. Roughly chop up the and add to the bowl.
5. Mix up all ingredients for the dressing in a cup.
6. Just before serving add chunks of the avocado to the salad, pour over the dressing, carefully mix and then serve.